Imphal: Manipur reported 15 more deaths due to COVID-19, taking the state’s death toll to 1,108. A total of 561 people, including seven CAPF personnel, tested positive, taking the active cases in the state to 5,680, of which 2,347 persons are in the home isolation facilities.
Of the 15 deaths, five were from Imphal East, three from Bishnupur, two each from Imphal West and Tamenglong and one each from Chandel, Churachandpur and Thoubal districts.
The new cases include 203 from Imphal West, 84 from Imphal East, 70 from Thoubal, 57 from Churachandpur, 45 from Bishnupur, 40 from Kakching, 17 from Ukhrul, from Kangpokpi, 13 from Tengnoupal, seven from Chandel, six from Jiribam, four from Tamenglong and one from Pherzawl.
In the last 24 hours, another 534 more persons were discharged, out of which 228 are from home isolation, 18 from RIMS, eight from JNIMS, 112 from COVID-19 care centres, and the remaining 168 are from the community health isolation centres (CHICs).
With it, the recovery rate stands at 89.91%.
- Jorhat mob lynching case: Prime accused Neeraj Das dies in accident
- Man, wanted in murder case, shot dead in gunfight with Assam Police
- Mizoram CM meets PM Modi, discusses chief secy, Myanmar refugees
- World AIDS Day 2021: Messages to raise awareness
- RRAG urges repeal of CAA, calls for enactment of refugee law
- World Aids Day 2021: Date, significance and theme