With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases in the state reached 64,993, of which 54,714 have recovered so far. The death toll due to the coronavirus rose to 1,065 on Tuesday.
At present, the total number of active cases is 9,214, of which 2,521 people are in home isolation.
The latest deaths were reported from Bishnupur (3), Imphal West (2), Imphal East (1), Churachandpur (1), Kangpokpi (1), Tengnoupal (1) and Thoubal (1) districts.
Of the 575 new COVID-19 cases, 228 were reported from Imphal West, 100 from Imphal East, 67 from Thoubal, 43 from Kakching, 30 from Churachandpur, 28 from Bishnupur, 21 from Chandel, 16 from Jiribam, 10 from Ukhrul, nine from Kangpokpi, eight from Tamenglong, seven from Tengnoupal, three from Senapati, two each from Kamjong and Pherzawl and one from Noney district, the official added.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
On Tuesday, with 649 more persons getting discharged, the recovery rate increased from 83.92 per cent to 84.18 per cent, the official said.
Of the 649 recovered persons, 335 were at home isolation, five each at RIMS and JNIMS, 170 at COVID-19 care facilities and 134 at community health isolation centres (CHICs), the official added.
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study