Imphal: After a long gap, Manipur witnessed a decline in COVID-19 cases with 353 new cases reported in the past 24 hours. The state also registered eight more deaths due to coronavirus during the day.
With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases reached 64,418 and the total number of deaths due to coronavirus mounted to 1,055 in the state.
Active cases rose to 9,298, of which 2,632 persons are in home isolation.
The latest COVID-19 cases were tested at RIMS (8), JNIMS (12), District Hospitals (152) and other testing centres (181).
The latest deaths were reported from Bishnupur (3), Thoubal (1), Imphal West (1), Imphal East (1), Kakching (1) and Senapati (1).
Of the 353 new COVID-19 cases, all civilians, 98 were reported from Imphal West, 88 from Imphal East, 55 from Bishnupur, 45 from Kakching, 32 from Thoubal, 13 from Churachandpur, 10 from Tamenglong, nine from Ukhrul, two from Chandel, and one from Noney district.
With 660 more COVID-19 patients getting discharged in the last 24 hours, the recovery rate has now increased to 83.92% while the total number of recovered persons is 54,065.
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result