With this, the total number cases of COVID-19 cases increased to 62,343 while the cumulative death toll due to coronavirus complications stood at 1,021.
Of the new cases, 20 eaach were found positive for COVID-19 at RIMS and JNIMS, 313 at district hospitals and 142 in other testing centers.
The number of active cases reached 9,102, of which 2,902 persons are in home isolation while the remaining are at COVID-19 hospitals and COVID-19 care facilities.
The 13 persons who succumbed to COVID-19 hailed from Imphal East (6), Imphal West (2), Kangpokpi (2), Bishnupur (1), Kakching (1) and Ukhrul (1) districts.
Of the new COVID-19 cases, 143 were reported from Imphal West, 107 from Imphal East, 54 from Churachandpur, 48 from Bishnupur, 45 from Thoubal, 29 from Tamenglong, 19 each from Kakching and Ukhrul, 10 from Tengnoupal, seven from Pherzawl, six from Kangpokpi, five from Chandel and three from Senapati.
On Thursday, 458 more persons were discharged in the state, of which 375 were in home isolation, five at RIMS, one at JNIMS and the rest 76 were at COVID-19 care facilities. The recovery rate now stands at 83.76 per cent.
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result