Imphal: In a tragic case of poisoning in Manipur, a 40-year-old woman from Senapati district died after consuming mushrooms on Sunday.
Sources said four persons of a family in Khongdei Ngawar village consumed the seasonal mushrooms plucked from the forest on June 10. By the morning on June 12, the family members who had consumed the mushroom curry meal had severe food poisoning, diarrhea and fever.
The youngest child of the family, who did not consume the mushrooms, did not develop any of the food poisoning symptoms.
Khongdei Ngawar village under Purul sub-division is around 80 km from the district headquarters.
However, 40-year-old ASHA worker Esther Khullak, wife of Wantson Khullak, showed the severest symptoms of mushroom poisoning, and succumbed in the village at about 11 am on Sunday.
The other three members of the Khullak family — father Wantson (45 years), daughter Catherine (15 years), and son Gladson (12 years) — were admitted to district hospital Senapati.
Dr Jacob Pao, the district surveillance officer (DSO) said the health condition of the three family members is stable as of Tuesday.
- Dussehra 2022: Quotes and wishes to share with loved ones
- BTS returns for special ‘Run BTS’ episode, performs ‘fly yoga’
- Sustainable development important in protection of environment: SC
- Day round-up: Golden boy Amlan shatters Games record in 200m twice, Hima takes silver
- China keen on importing donkeys, dogs from Pakistan: Officials
- Netizens slam Flipkart over massive cancellation following Big Billion Days Sale