Imphal: The Churachandpur district administration in Manipur launched a two-day special COVID-19 vaccination drive for the differently-abled persons on the campus of People Advanced in Social Services (PASS) in New Mata in the district headquarters.
The special drive was conducted in collaboration with PASS and Social Human Action for Rural Empowerment (SHARE) with the objective of creating an inclusive society where no individuals are left behind.
On the first day of the vaccination drive, 85 individuals were vaccinated against COVID-19.
Moreover, free transportation was provided to persons with disabilities so that a maximum number of people are covered under the vaccination programme.
So far, the special drive was conducted for residents of Mata village, D Phailian, Mualkot, Saipum, New Zou Veng, Sehken, D Leikot, Tangnuam, Buallian, Bisanmual, S Bualkot Village, Emmanuel Khopi, Vengnuam New Lamka, Kanaan Veng, Headquarter Veng, and Hill Town of Churachandpur.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 38 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Churachandpur district while 82 others were discharged. With this, the total number of positive cases till date reached 4,798, of which 575 remain as active cases and 4,133 persons have recovered.
Also, three more persons from the district succumbed to COVID-19 complications, taking the total number of deaths in Churachandpur to 90.
As per Churachandpur district hospital authority, of the 48 beds available at the dedicated COVID-19 care centre, 33 beds are occupied as of Monday.
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result