Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles arrested an active rebel of the Kuki National Army (KNA) from Moreh town in Manipur‘s Tengnoupal district on Wednesday.
KNA is one of the Kuki insurgent groups under Suspension of Operations (SoO).
Meanwhile, in a separate operation, the troops of Assam Rifles also recovered arms and ammunition, including a 9 mm pistol, two Chinese hand grenades and assorted ammunition near Border Pillar number 76 from the international town.
The arrested rebel and the seized arms and ammunition have been handed over to Tengnoupal Police Station for further investigation.
- China holds first meeting with 19 countries in Indian Ocean region sans India
- Legislature, executive must enable liberty, equality, fraternity: CJI
- Guwahati: Assam down town University hosts HR conclave
- CAA will be implemented in West Bengal: BJP
- Tripura: Chief monk Shakya Gasan to lay base for Buddhist International Varsity
- Meghalaya: Pressure group raises concern over illegal sand mining in South Garo Hills