Imphal: COVID-19 has claimed the life of another journalist in Manipur. Saikhom Shantikumar Singh, a sub-editor at a local daily newspaper Ireibak, succumbed to the coronavirus on Sunday. Singh was undergoing treatment at PGI Hospital in Chandigarh.
Members of the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union (AMWJU) paid their tributes to the deceased journalist and lit candles at the Journalists’ Memorial Pillar at Manipur Press Club in Imphal.
Meanwhile, Bishnupur SP L Priyadarshini reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday.
As per reports, the SP was found infected with the virus at Shija Hospital in Imphal. She is reportedly asymptomatic and is under self-isolation, the reports said.
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?
- Development, tribal welfare will be BJP’s poll planks: Tripura CM
- Nagaland polls: BJP releases list of 20 candidates