According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, this is the first such case reported in the state where two COVID-19 patients, aged 49 and 46 years, from Imphal West district were infected with the fungal disease at RIMS and Shija Hospitals and Research Institute (SHRI), respectively.
Following the news of black fungus being reported in the state, all hospitals, health centres and clinics have been advised to report such cases, failing which they may attract action under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
Meanwhile, the state reported 18 more deaths and 798 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 51,549.
The total active cases have shot up to 8,942 while the cumulative number of deaths due to COVID-19 complications is 825.
The new positive cases include 323 from Imphal West, 208 from Imphal East, 81 from Thoubal, 52 from Churachandpur, 49 from Bishnupur, 19 each from Jiribam and Ukhrul, 14 from Kakching, 13 from Senapati, nine from Kangpokpi, eight from Tamenglong, and three from Chandel district.
Of the 18 new deaths, five each were reported from Imphal West and Imphal East districts, two each from Churachandpur and Kakching, and one each from Kangpokpi, Noney and Thoubal districts, respectively.
The total number of recovered and discharged persons as on Tuesday is 629, taking the cumulative number of recoveries to 51,549. The recovery rate now stands at 81.05%.
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’