The decision was taken after a thorough examination of all COVID-19-related cases, including deaths due to COVID-19 complications. The state government is of the view that the schools must remain shut as a precautionary measure.
However, online classes for students will resume with immediate effect, it said.
The state government said all coaching class, private tuitions, and boarding and hostels in schools and private hostels would remain suspended until further notice in public interest.
Earlier, the state government had announced the summer vacation from May 1 to May 31 for the academic session 2021-2022 in all government, government-aided and private schools affiliated to Board of Secondary Education, Manipur (BOSEM) and Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (COHSEM).
- Arunachal logs 56 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Can’t give ‘judicial diktat’ to send children to schools: SC
- Nagaland registers marginal rise in fresh COVID-19 cases
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation