Imphal: As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Manipur, the state government on Tuesday announced that the schools would remain closed for the foreseeable future.
The decision was taken after a thorough examination of all COVID-19-related cases, including deaths due to COVID-19 complications. The state government is of the view that the schools must remain shut as a precautionary measure.
However, online classes for students will resume with immediate effect, it said.
The state government said all coaching class, private tuitions, and boarding and hostels in schools and private hostels would remain suspended until further notice in public interest.
Earlier, the state government had announced the summer vacation from May 1 to May 31 for the academic session 2021-2022 in all government, government-aided and private schools affiliated to Board of Secondary Education, Manipur (BOSEM) and Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (COHSEM).
- Covid cases: Govt planning nationwide drill to take stock of hospital preparedness
- Meghalaya: Citizens, forest officials nab illegal timber
- India will become ‘Vishwaguru’ in knowledge: Assam Governor
- Congress protests in Guwahati over action against Rahul
- What Vincent van Gogh’s letters to his family say about why he became an artist
- Countdown for LVM3-M3 OneWeb India-2 mission begins