As many as 124 people underwent testing for COVID-19 in Viewland, Phungreitang and Wino Bazaar in the district headquarters, of which five were found to be positive for the virus.
Of the five infected persons, two were found to be positive from Viewland and the remaining three from Phungreitang, informed district surveillance officer Dr Reisang Raikhan.
On Monday, altogether, 17 new fresh cases of COVID-19 were reported in Ukhrul district, of which 11 were detected from contact tracing and one from the screening centre at Ukhrul District Hospital.
Earlier, chief minister N Biren Singh, while appreciating the team for carrying out mass testing in Ukhrul district, said that extensive random testing for COVID-19 was going on at Wino Bazar, Viewland Bazar and Jessami Ukhrul by medical teams and the police.
- MoU signed for promoting ‘Tripureswari’ tea brand of Tripura
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards