The curfew, which was imposed in seven districts of the state till May 28, has now been extended by 14 days starting Saturday, May 29.
The curfew is currently in force in Imphal West, Imphal East, Kakching, Thoubal, Bishnupur, Churachandpur and Ukhrul districts.
However, there will be some additional relaxations in place this time, said officials.
The government has now further restricted inter-district movement in respect of the remaining nine districts to the seven districts where curfew has been imposed. These nine districts are Senapati, Kangpokpi, Kamjong, Tengnoupal, Chandel, Pherzawl, Noney, Tamenglong and Jiribam.
Here’s the list of permitted activities:
- All Secretariat offices to start functioning with e-office and physical attendance of 15% staff from June 1.
- All directorates to start functioning with physical attendance of 15% staff from June 1 by taking adequate precaution and strictly following COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.
- Departments like media, power, fire service, PHED, CAFPD, home, health, relief & DM, forests, environment & climate Change, finance and treasuries and police and district administration will continue to function as before.
- Vehicle workshops of goods trucks, petrol tankers, LPG outlets, etc, outside Imphal municipal area may open from 8 am to 3 pm on all days taking adequate precaution and strictly following COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.
- Rice mills are also allowed to open subject to taking adequate precaution COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.
- Opening of local vegetable vendors from 7 am to 10 am for purchase by the locals will be allowed on May 30, June 2, June 5 and June 8. The vegetable vendors should be seated at least 6 ft from one another and should wear a face mask all the time.
- Only one out of three grocery shops of the total shops/vendors in one location shall be allowed to open on a rotational basis from 7 am to 10 am on May 30, June 2, June 5 and June 8. If the vendors/shops are located in congested rows (on major roads like the National Highways, both sides may open), then only alternate rows shall be allowed to open. The queue system should be adopted by all shops and vendors.
- Life Insurance Corporation offices with limited staff will be allowed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am to 2.30 pm to dispose of time-bound work.
- BTS live concert: Stream ‘PTD on stage’ in LA live here
- Assam’s Chai-Spiced-Gin is one of Edinburgh’s finest!
- Mizoram: Former diplomat and writer L Keivom passes away at 82
- TPCI, Nagaland govt sign MoU for Dimapur hotel management institute
- ‘Antim: The Final Truth’: Salman Khan’s most committed act in years?
- Myntra Black Friday Sale: Get over 50% off on these beauty products