With this, the total COVID-19 caseload in the state spiked to 47,111 and the death toll due to the coronavirus now stands at 748.
The active cases now stand at 7,462. These include 7,366 from the general population and 96 from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
Of the 813 new COVID-19 cases, 301 were reported from Imphal West, 169 from Imphal East, 109 from Churachandpur, 57 from Kakching, 53 from Bishnupur, 33 from Thoubal, 24 from Senapati, 17 from Jiribam, 12 each from Tengnoupal and Kangpokpi, nine from Tamenglong, seven from Ukhrul, six from Chandel and four from Kamjong district.
Meanwhile, of the 18 persons who succumbed to COVID-19 on Thursday, five each were from Imphal East and Kakching districts, four from Imphal West, two from Churachandpur and one each from Kamjong and Tamenglong districts.
- Palestinian rights groups see muzzle in Israel’s terror tag
- US urges NKorea to stop missile tests and return to talks
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai