As per the death report issued by JNIMS medical superintendent Kh Lokeshwar Singh, the deceased, identified as Chanoujam Loyanganbi of Waikhom Leikai, was admitted to the COVID-19 ward of the hospital around 3.57 am on Tuesday.
The deceased, who was COVID-19 positive without any co-morbidity, was declared dead at 5 am, he said.
According to the Singh, the deceased is the youngest patient to have died of COVID-19 complications at JNIMS Hospital so far.
For the proper disposal of the dead body, Singh has requested the Imphal West deputy commissioner to take up the necessary steps.
- Trudeau’s Liberals win Canada election, but miss majority
- NSCN faction chief advocates ‘one solution’ for Naga issue
- Police encounters unabated in Assam, another drug dealer injured
- Adrian Pratt new director of American Center Kolkata
- Arunachal logs 56 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Can’t give ‘judicial diktat’ to send children to schools: SC