Imphal: Manipur reported the highest single-day cases with 767 persons testing positive for COVId-19 on Sunday.
With this, the total confirmed cases reached 44,089 with 6,534 active cases.
The recovery rate stands at 83.61% with 609 persons recovered and discharged in the last 24 hours.
The latest positive cases include 320 from Imphal West, 182 from Imphal East, 71 from Churachandpur, 50 from Thoubal, 44 from Kakching, 38 from Bishnupur, 17 from Ukhrul, 13 from Senapati, nine each from Kangpokpi and Tamenglong, five from Jiribam, four from Chandel, three from Kamjong and two from Noney districts, respectively.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Another 14 persons had succumbed due to COVID-19 complications in the state. They are from Imphal West (6), Imphal East (3), Churachandpur (2), Bishnupur (1), Kakching (1) and Thoubal (1). They were aged 43, 55 (2), 57 (2), 60 (2), 63, 64, 65 (2), 69, 71 and 73 years.
With this, the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 688.
- Five arrested in Arunachal-Assam border shooting that killed 2
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into cyclonic storm: IMD
- Greasy affair: Journalist among 3 held for OIL pilferage in Tinsukia
- CBI begins Balasore train probe, collects first-hand report
- Manipur: Several organisations meet Governor to appeal for peace
- Nepal and India should hold talks to resolve border issue: PM Prachanda