Imphal: To mark the 30th death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Manipur Congress on Friday dedicated ambulances, oxygen concentrators, medicines and other items to the people of the state to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The commemoration of the 30th death anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi took place with ambulances being flagged off by MPCC president K Govindas and chairman of observation committee of 30th martyrdom of Rajiv Gandhi in Manipur & MLA K Meghachandra.
During the commemoration, former chief minister and CLP leader Okram Ibobi Singh spoke about the nation that Rajiv Gandhi aspired and worked for.
According to Congress spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei, the party is going to dedicate 10 ambulances and 15 oxygen concentrators, which will be provided to the district headquarters and community home isolation centres wherever they are required.
The distribution of the dedicated items would also take place in all the 60 Assembly constituencies of the state on the same day, he said.
AICC CWC member Gaikhangam, MLA Fajur Rahim, MLA O Surjakumar and other Congress leaders also joined the remembrance of the former Prime Minister of India at the Congress Bhavan in Imphal.
Meanwhile, Wangkhem MLA K Meghachandra also dedicated one oxygen concentrator, medical kits and food packages to the 62 COVID-19 patients and paramedical staff who are in the community home isolation centre at Bishnunaha and members of the 32 Block Congress Committee in commemoration of the departed leader’s death anniversary.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity