Imphal: Six young football players from Manipur have been selected to be part of the Indian national team for the FIFA World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 qualifiers in Doha, Qatar.
In a memorandum issued by the All Manipur Football Association (AMFA) on Thursday, six players from the state are among the 28-member squad for India’s three forthcoming matches in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 qualifiers slated to be played from June 3 onwards.
The six players are Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (goalkeeper), Chinglensana Singh Konsham (defender), Udanta Singh Kumam (midfielder), Suresh Singh Wangjam (midfielder), Mohammad Yasir (midfielder) and Bipin Singh (midfielder).
According to the All India Football Federation, the 28-member Blue Tigers team left for Doha along with support staff on Wednesday and are in compulsory quarantine till they receive the test results of the RT-PCR tests in Doha.
India, who are currently on 3 points from 5 matches in Group E, are scheduled to play Asian champions Qatar on June 3, Bangladesh on June 7 and Afghanistan on June 15 with all three matches to be played at the Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Doha.
- IIT Mandi develops new tech to make military equipment invisible to radar
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp