Imphal: Six young football players from Manipur have been selected to be part of the Indian national team for the FIFA World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 qualifiers in Doha, Qatar.
In a memorandum issued by the All Manipur Football Association (AMFA) on Thursday, six players from the state are among the 28-member squad for India’s three forthcoming matches in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 qualifiers slated to be played from June 3 onwards.
The six players are Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (goalkeeper), Chinglensana Singh Konsham (defender), Udanta Singh Kumam (midfielder), Suresh Singh Wangjam (midfielder), Mohammad Yasir (midfielder) and Bipin Singh (midfielder).
According to the All India Football Federation, the 28-member Blue Tigers team left for Doha along with support staff on Wednesday and are in compulsory quarantine till they receive the test results of the RT-PCR tests in Doha.
India, who are currently on 3 points from 5 matches in Group E, are scheduled to play Asian champions Qatar on June 3, Bangladesh on June 7 and Afghanistan on June 15 with all three matches to be played at the Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Doha.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31