Imphal: Assam Rifles troops busted militant hideout inside a thick jungle near Leibi village in Manipur’s Tengnoupal district on Sunday, a press release issued by the office of the Inspector General of Assam Rifles (South) said.
Based on a specific intelligence input, troops launched an operation in the jungle close to Leibi village press release added.
During the combing operation, troops uncovered a militant hideout and recovered ‘warlike stores’ which included an M-16 assault rifle, rocket launcher along with ammunition and Myanmar currency, the Assam Rifles.
Also read: Manipur: Watch how lockdown became ‘school time’ for elders of this Kamjong village
Sources said no militants were found at the hideout, which was about 10 km from the border with Myanmar.
The recovered weapons and other stores were handed over to Tengnoupal police station for further action, the release said.
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health
- India to host 2023 SAFF Championships in Bengaluru