Imphal: Manipur on Sunday reported 677 new COVID-19 cases taking the total tally to 39,729 in the state so far.
With this, the total active cases have spiked to 6,477 with recovery rate dipping to 82.24 per cent.
The new confirmed cases include 665 persons from the general population and 12 from the Central Armed Police Forces, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Among the new cases, 263 were reported from Imphal West, 159 from Imphal East, 71 from Kakching, 82 from Churachandpur, 33 from Thoubal, 24 from Bishnupur, 17 from Kangpokpi, 12 from Tamenglong, five each from Chandel and Senapati and two each from Kamjong, Tengoupal and Ukhrul, respectively.
All necessary precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, Mangang said.
Meanwhile, 16 more infected persons have succumbed to the virus, taking the total number of deaths to 578 in the state.
The deceased patients include nine from Imphal West, two from Churachandpur and once each from Imphal East, Senapati, Thoubal and Ukhrul districts, the official added.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA