Imphal: Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Friday paid floral tribute to Manipur state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Prof. Saikhom Tikendra Singh, who passed away after a brief battle with COVID-19 on Thursday evening.
CM Biren Singh also attended the last rites of the party leader at Nambol Sabal Leikai in Imphal.
“With a heavy heart, I paid my floral tribute to Prof S Tikendra Singh, president BJP Manipur at his last rite at Nambol Sabal Leikai. Oja (sir) Tiken was a man of commitment and integrity who had worked tirelessly to strengthen BJP in Manipur over the year,” he wrote on Twitter.
“Gone too soon Oja, your dedication and sacrifice towards the service of people and the party will always inspire us to carry forward your legacy. May your soul rest in peace. Om Shanti,” he added.
CM Biren Singh also met the bereaved family members of Prof. Singh and expressed his heartfelt condolences.
Prof. Singh had tested positive for COVID-19 on April 27 and was undergoing treatment at JNIMS Hospital since April 30, until Thursday morning. Later, he was admitted to Shija Hospital in an unconscious state and very low BP of 80/40 mmHg.
He was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where immediate dialysis was performed and all necessary medications were given. He succumbed to the virus at 7:40 pm on Thursday evening, Shija Hospital authorities said.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers