Ukhrul: A 64-year-old man reportedly succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur‘s Ukhrul on Thursday morning, becoming the second victim from the district after the outbreak of the second wave of the novel coronavirus.
As per reports, the deceased has been identified as Wepfupelo Wezah, a resident of Jessami village. He died due to COVID-19 complications around 4.15 am.
He was being treated at Ukhrul District Hospital, Hungpung after he contracted the virus, the reports said.
Earlier, a 58-year-old woman from Sirarakhong village from the hill district succumbed to COVID-19 at Shija Hospital in Imphal.
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle