Imphal: The Manipur State Women’s Development Corporation (MSWDC) chairperson, Satyabhama Samurailatpam Devi, succumbed to COVID-19 on Tuesday.
Satyabhama, who is also the State BJP Executive member, was the wife of late Sahid Modhumangol Sharma, one of the founders of BJP in Manipur.
Taking to his Twitter handle, chief minister N Biren Singh said that her immense contribution towards strengthening the BJP in the state will always be remembered. She had also served as Chairperson, MSWDC, he added.
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO