Imphal: Manipur on Tuesday reported a single-day highest death due to the COVID-19 with 20 infected persons succumbed to the virus. The total number of deaths has surged to 509.
The victims were from Imphal East (8), Imphal West (4), Thoubal (3), Kakching (2), Chandel (1), Churachandpur (1) and Kamjong (1).
In the last 24 hours, another 592 new positive cases have been reported, taking the total confirmed cases to 36,370.
The active cases have increased to 4,981 and the recovery rate has dipped to 84.90%.
The new positive cases include 216 from Imphal West, 176 from Imphal East, 37 from Thoubal, 34 from Churachandpur, 32 from Bishnupur, 27 from Ukhrul, 26 from Kakching, 18 from Kangpokpi, nine from Senapati, seven from Tengnoupal, five from Jiribam, three from Chandel, one each from Kamjong and Tamenglong districts, respectively.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23
- Court postpones hearing on rape accused Sahil Zaroo’s bail plea
- Assam horror: Watch photographer trample ‘dead’ man amid Sipajhar eviction drive
- Vaccinated pregnant women pass high level of antibodies to babies: Study
- Maha: Girl gangraped over months; 33 booked, 2 minors among 26 held so far