Imphal: Manipur on Tuesday reported a single-day highest death due to the COVID-19 with 20 infected persons succumbed to the virus. The total number of deaths has surged to 509.
Related: Manipur in medical crisis as JNIMS overflows with COVID-19 patients
The victims were from Imphal East (8), Imphal West (4), Thoubal (3), Kakching (2), Chandel (1), Churachandpur (1) and Kamjong (1).
In the last 24 hours, another 592 new positive cases have been reported, taking the total confirmed cases to 36,370.
The active cases have increased to 4,981 and the recovery rate has dipped to 84.90%.
The new positive cases include 216 from Imphal West, 176 from Imphal East, 37 from Thoubal, 34 from Churachandpur, 32 from Bishnupur, 27 from Ukhrul, 26 from Kakching, 18 from Kangpokpi, nine from Senapati, seven from Tengnoupal, five from Jiribam, three from Chandel, one each from Kamjong and Tamenglong districts, respectively.
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay
- Mizoram yet to get Assam response on border-related claims
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 3,736