Imphal: In a joint operation, troops of Mantripukhri Battalion under the aegis of HQ IGAR (south) and Manipur police have seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition as well as other warlike stores from Samurou of Imphal West district on Sunday.
As per the official report, based on specific input about the movement of certain stores in Samurou, a joint operation was launched by a team of Mantripukhri with Wangoi police.
During the operation, the team established a mobile vehicles check post in Samurou and recovered arms and other warlike stores.
The recovered items include four pistols, PEK plastic explosives, rounds of various rifles and three radio sets, it said.
The recovered arms and warlike stores were handed to Wangoi police station for further legal action, it added.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’