Imphal: With Manipur recording the highest number of daily COVID-19 cases at 600 and two deaths on Friday, the state government has decided to impose lockdown in the districts of Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Thoubal, Kakching, Churachandpur and Ukhrul with immediate effect.
The curfew order will be in force till May 17 to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The increasing trend in the spread of infection has become even steeper and has spread to other parts of the state necessitating additional restrictions and also in additional areas in the interest of public health, said MH Khan, in-charge of the chief secretary and chairman, State Executive Committee, Manipur.
During the curfew period, all activities, including the movement of persons and vehicular movement will be restricted except exempted activities, he added.
Here’s a list of permitted activities:
- All healthcare facilities, including animal healthcare, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and movement of healthcare workers.
- All pharmacies, including those selling veterinary medicines.
- All persons going for COVID-19 vaccination, COVID-19 testing and medical emergencies are exempted.
- All employees and personal staff working in media, power, fire service, PHED, CAFPD, home, health, relief &DM, police departments and district administration are exempted (all other offices to remain closed).
- Only goods vehicles, oxygen supply related vehicles, LPG and oil tankers and vehicles of other essential services like power supply, fire service, water supply, waste/garbage clearance, public distribution system, medical/COVID-19 services, electronic and print media, internet & telecom service providers and vehicles of personnel of department/organisations permitted to be functional.
- Opening of petrol pumps and LPG outlets and movement of staff of IOCL will continue to be permitted.
- Imphal airport shall remain open and movement of staff and passengers will continue to be permitted.
- Hotels for lodging will be allowed to remain open with minimum staff. Restaurants to remain closed.
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC