Imphal: Manipur on Thursday reported the highest number of deaths in a day due to COVID-19, with 13 persons succumbing to the virus.
The victims include five from Imphal West, four from Imphal East, two from Bishnupur and one each from Kakching and Churachandpur districts. They were aged 40, 45, 46, 55, 50, 52, 55, 63, 66, 67, 75, 78 and 80, respectively.
Also Read: COVID-19 warriors: How this Ukhrul couple is helping victims in Delhi
The cumulative number of deaths due to Coronavirus is 447.
Meanwhile, another 380 persons, including 18 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force, were detected as positive cases for COVID-19 in Manipur on Thursday, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 33,733.
With this, the total number of active cases has shot up to 2,991, and the recovery rate has dipped to 89.80%.
The new positive cases are from Imphal West (171), Imphal East (116), Churachandpur (45), Kakching (23), Tamenglong (5), Thoubal (5), Ukhrul (5), Bishnupur (4), Kangpokpi (4), Noney (1), and Senapati (1).
- Assam: Two women including minor rescued from clutches of traffickers in Silchar
- BSF ADG visits Meghalaya, reviews force preparedness
- Arunachal: Smart streetlights installed at six places in Itanagar
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind