Imphal: With seven more COVID-19 patients succumbed to the virus, Manipur registered a single-day highest number of deaths on Monday after the second wave triggered in the state.
The victims were aged 43, 45, 50, 54, 59, and 60, and they were from Imphal West (3), Imphal East (1) and Thoubal (2) districts.
With this, the total number of death due to coronavirus has shot up to 422.
Meanwhile, another 362 persons, all from the general population, were tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, taking the total confirmed cases to 32,523.
Now, active cases in the state stand at 2,071 with a recovery rate of 92.33%.
The new cases include 146 from Imphal West, 122 from Imphal East, 23 from Kakching, 22 from Bishnupur, 14 each from Churachandpur and Thoubal, eight from Kangpokpi, five from Chandel, two each from Noney, Senapati, and Tamenglong and one each Ukhrul and Kamjong districts, respectively.
According to the Additional Health Director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, all necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place.
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border