Imphal: Five more persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the coronavirus in Manipur on Friday. With this, the total number of deaths due to coronavirus has gone up to 405.
The latest deaths were reported from Imphal West (4) and Kakching (1) districts. They were aged 37, 41, 52, 67, and 76 years, respectively.
Another 271 people, including 12 personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases to 31,586 in the state.
The total number of active cases now stands at 1,417.
Of the new COVID-19 cases, 109 were reported from Imphal West, 104 from Imphal East, 12 from Bishnupur, 11 from Churachandpur, eight from Thoubal, seven from Ukhrul, six each from Chandel and Senapati, three from Kamjong, two each from Kakching and Noney, and one from Jiribam districts.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence