Imphal: A 36-year-old jemadar jawan of the 6th Manipur Rifles, who was on election duty in Assam and West Bengal, reportedly succumbed to COVID-19 at the Gauhati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH) in Assam.
The deceased has been identified as Waikhom Ronald Singh, son of Ibohal of Kshetri Leikai of Manipur‘s Thoubal district.
As per reports, Ronald returned to Guwahati from West Bengal after completion of election duty on April 17. He tested positive for COVID-19 on April 20 and had been undergoing treatment at GMCH since then.
The deceased is survived by two sons and his wife.
On Thursday, E Priyokumar Singh, Inspector General of Police (Ops) Manipur, wrote to the CEO of Manipur requesting him to approach the competent authority in Assam for bringing the mortal remains of the jawan back to Manipur at the earliest.
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed