When an eight months pregnant woman from Kashung village in Manipur’s Ukhrul district succumbed to COVID-19 at New Delhi’s LNJP hospital on Sunday, her family could not find a resting place for her.
They reached out to Special Commissioner of Police, New Delhi, Robin Hibu, following which, Tuithung Wungreichon, 32, was given a proper Christian burial in Mongolpuri.
The soon-to-be mother was Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) aspirant. She was living in Mohammad Puri area in New Delhi, and had a cough and fever on April 21 and subsequently tested positive for coronavirus.
Her condition deteriorated over the next few days, and at the time of death, she was suffering from anaemia and sepsis. She passed away due to a massive cardiac arrest, said local reports.
Thanking Hibu for the timely intervention, Chuan Wungreichon, the deceased’s sister said: “Today, at this hour of grief, my family and I take this time to thank you Sir Robin Hibu for your invaluable help and support. At a young age of 32, carrying an unborn child of 8 months, it has been an unimaginable heartbreak and an irreplaceable gaping hole for the families to lose Tuithung Wungreichon. She always smiled the widest and laughed the hardest, and that is how each of us will always remember her.”
She added, “It brings some solace to our families and friends that she received a decent Christian burial, and that we can visit when these trying times are over. We cannot thank you enough for making things happen in such a smooth manner.”
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated