Imphal: Manipur reported the highest single-day spike since the second COVID-19 wave was reported in the state after 94 persons, including 11 air passengers, tested positive for the virus.
The total number of active cases in the state stands at 385 and the cumulative number of confirmed cases stands at 29,869.
Altogether, a total of 80 air passengers have tested positive for Coronavirus since March 24.
Also read: Manipur Class 10, 12 board exams postponed amid COVID-19 surge
Meanwhile, a 29-year-old from the Thoubal district became the latest person from the state to succumb to the virus. Altogether, 378 people have died due to the Coronavirus in the state.
The new cases were reported from Imphal West (44), Imphal East (13), Thoubal (3), Bishnupur (9), Kakching (2), Senapati (14), Churachandpur (4) and Ukhrul (1), respectively.
The recovery rate in the state to date is at 97.44% whereas 29,106 infected persons have recovered from the virus.
As per the latest state health data, the total number of persons vaccinated for COVID-19 in the state is 1,10,614.
- Active Covid cases in country decrease to 2,831
- It’s time to move beyond the welfare state to the wellbeing state
- Sikkim: 7 people injured in multi-vehicle collision in Ranipool
- Ambulance set on fire in Manipur, mother, injured son among 3 killed
- PM Hasina stresses strengthened ties between armies of Bangladesh, India
- Manipur violence: Kuki women protest outside Amit Shah’s home