Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh informed that a proposal for elections in the Autonomous District Council (ADCs) was approved during a cabinet meeting held on Saturday.
CM Biren Singh also said that the cabinet approved the ADCs elections in the four new districts such as Kamjong, Tengnoupal, Pherzawl and Noney. The authorities have been instructed to take the required steps to ensure the same, he added.
The Cabinet also approved a state-of-the-art multi-speciality Cancer Institute under DBFO (Design, Build, Finance & Operate) mode in JNIMS Campus, Imphal and the inclusion of nine scheduled employments under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 and fixation of minimum rates of wages for the employees.
It further informed that the Cabinet adopted the Manipur Service (Revised Pay) rule, 2019, for officers and staff of the High Court of Manipur.
For Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, the state cabinet approved notification of the draft Manipur Rural Employment (Payment of Unemployment Allowance) Guarantee Rules, 2021 under section 32(1) of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 and amendment of the provision of Rules for the conduct of Panchayat Election and engagement of Manpower under Social Audit Unit (Manipur Social Audit Agency).
The cabinet also approved an increase in the honorarium of members of the Manipur State Commission for Women (MSCW).
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion