Imphal: Four people have been injured in a massive fire that broke out at a home in Keishampat Moirangningthou Leirak in Imphal on Wednesday night.

According to reports, the fire occurred around 10 pm in the rented house of one Soraisam Tondonbi Singh, 65. The fire was caused allegedly by a short circuit.

Soon after the news of the incident, fire tenders of Imphal Fire Service rushed to the site and put out the fire at around 11:30 pm. During the incident, four persons staying in a rented room were reportedly injured. Two of them suffered suffocation-related issues, while the other two suffered fractures while trying to escape the fire.

Apart from the household items, one shop adjacent to the house and one car were also gutted in the fire. However, the exact loss is yet to be ascertained.

Subscribe to EastMojo

Enter your email address to receive notifications of new stories by email.

Join 160,509 other subscribers

Leave a comment

Leave a comment