Imphal: Security forces have arrested two cadres belonging to two different banned outfits in separate operations carried out in Manipur.
In a first instance, as per an official report, a joint operation by Assam Rifles and Manipur Police was carried out at Jessami village in the Ukhrul district on March 13. The joint operation team arrested one cadre of NSCN (R) and recovered Rs 15,100 in cash, a diary with extortion details, and two motorcycles.
The arrested cadre has been handed over to Lamlai Police Station for further investigation and legal action, it said.
Later, based on an intelligence-based joint operation on March 14, one cadre of the Valley-based group People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK (Pro) was arrested from Keirao Bitra Awang Leikai area in Imphal East district.
- Arunachal governor inspects Sela Tunnel project work, praises BRO
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4