Imphal: One Assam Rifles jawan was injured in a grenade attack at the gate of an Assam Rifles transit camp in Manipur on Wednesday evening.
The incident occurred around 7:50 pm when some suspected underground cadres threw a hand grenade at the gate of the heavily-guarded camp near Minuthong in Imphal.
According to reports, the grenade exploded when the security guard, identified as Bimal Rai of 43 Assam Rifles, tried to defuse it. The jawan sustained an injury on his left arm, however, he is out of danger.
This is not the first time that the Assam Rifles transit camp has been attacked in Imphal.
So far, no individual or organisations has claimed responsibility by the time of filing this report.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art