Imphal: One Assam Rifles jawan was injured in a grenade attack at the gate of an Assam Rifles transit camp in Manipur on Wednesday evening.
The incident occurred around 7:50 pm when some suspected underground cadres threw a hand grenade at the gate of the heavily-guarded camp near Minuthong in Imphal.
According to reports, the grenade exploded when the security guard, identified as Bimal Rai of 43 Assam Rifles, tried to defuse it. The jawan sustained an injury on his left arm, however, he is out of danger.
This is not the first time that the Assam Rifles transit camp has been attacked in Imphal.
So far, no individual or organisations has claimed responsibility by the time of filing this report.
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days