Imphal: A man accused of raping and killing an eight-year-old girl in 2003 has been reportedly shot dead by the United Liberation Front (UNLF), a banned outfit based in Manipur.
According to a press statement issued by the outfit, late Baby Lungnila Elizabeth, the daughter of former MLA Francis Ngajokpa, was kidnapped, raped and murdered by Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) cadre Thokchom Nando Singh alias Nando.
In a statement, the outfit stated that they gave capital punishment to the accused, who was also a KCP leader.
The picture of Nando’s lifeless body, and another picture of him apparently in UNLF captivity, has gone viral on social media. However, the authenticity of the statement could not be verified by the time of filing this report.
Elizabeth was abducted from the gate of Little Flower School in Imphal on November 4, 2003. Her abductors demanded her family a ransom of Rs 15 lakh. However, her highly decomposed body was found inside a gunny bag at Sadokpam village, not very far from her school on November 12.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group