The first snowfall in four years on Sunday left Ukhrul’s Shirui village covered in snow.
The snowfall, which lasted for about two hours, turned the village into a winter wonderland, as children came out to play.
The locals called it ‘Horam Kathak’ as they believe that more snowfall is a sign of good year and bountiful harvest.
- Navratri 2022: Greetings and wishes to share with friends and family
- National Dumpling Day: 5 types of dumplings you should definitely try
- Pakistan’s former fin min Dar to return, take charge next week
- World seeing India as inspirational place in space sector: ISRO chief
- Nature, life’s race among myriad Durga puja themes set to captivate minds
- Defence exports grew by 334 pc in last five years: Centre