Imphal: A joint team of Manipur Police and Assam Rifles have seized brown sugar worth Rs 2 crore and arrested three persons from Bishnupur district, police said on Sunday.
The contraband was seized during checking at Tangjeng near Ibudhou temple in Bishnupur district. The security personnel found a 34-year-old man identified as Thangkohsat Guite hiding the brown sugar in soap cases in a large backpack on Saturday night, they said.
The security forces also arrested two other persons 41-year-old Thangsei Guite and 46-year-old Warepam Ramesh Singh who were with Guite.
The arrested persons and the seized items were handed over to Kumbi police station and a case has been registered, the police added.
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory