Imphal: In a major political development, more than a hundred people from different political parties joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Manipur’s Kakching district.
Chief Minister N Biren Singh and BJP Manipur president Proj S Tikendra Singh welcomed these leaders during a grand reception-cum-political conference at Kakching Khunou.
According to CM Biren Singh, most of the new people switched to the BJP as they have a firm belief in the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren Singh said: “Extremely delighted to welcome hundreds of people from Kakching Khunou, Sugnu and Pangaltabi in Kakching district who join @BJP4India from different political parties having firm belief on the leadership of PM @narendramodi ji.”
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream