Imphal: A hand grenade exploded on Monday morning at the residence of Range Forest Officer at Nongmeibung in Imphal East district of Manipur, said sources.
As per reports, the blast took place at around 4:17 am at the residence of Seram Shashikumar, who works in the Chakpikarong Range in Chandel district as a Range Forest Officer.
Fortunately, no one got injured in the blast and the damage to the property was minimal.
According to local reports, the forest official received an extortion note from the Kangkeipak Communist Party (Noyon group), a banned militant group based in Manipur.
However, no individual or organisation has claim responsibility for the act by the time of filing this report.
This is the second such blast reported at the same locality. Earlier, on December 8, a suspected hand grenade exploded at a resident located at Nongmeibung Wangkheilakpam Leikai in Imphal East district.
No casualty was reported, however, at least three vehicles which were parked at the courtyard were damaged during the blast, it said.
- Assam cricket’s Vijay Hazare success seeds sown in soil from Balangir
- Assam: Police complaint lodged against Ajmal; parties link his comments to Guj polls
- Meghalaya: Int’l Day of Persons with Disabilities observed in Tura
- This December, spare a thought for those killed in Oting
- India never favours war, violence: Rajnath Singh
- ‘Freddy’: Run-of-the-mill thriller loses its sheen on small screen