Imphal: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson and Manipur BJP in-charge Sambit Patra on Friday met with Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh at the CM secretariat in Imphal.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren said “Accorded a warm welcome to Bharatiya Janata Party’s national spokesperson and newly appointed party’s in-charge of Manipur, Shri @sambitswaraj, at Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Imphal.”
A picture posted by CM Biren, Patra was seen gifted a framed painting of Manipur’s historic Khamba and Thoibi.
As per party sources, Patra reached Imphal on Friday as part of the advance team ahead of the BJP chief JP Nadda’s two-day visit to the state. However, owing to the attack on Nadda’s convoy in West Bengal on Thursday, his proposed visit has been postponed and is likely to be rescheduled after January 5, 2021, the source said.
- Assam: Union Minister Kiren Rijiju visits Numaligarh Refinery
- Tipra Motha to hold demonstration in Delhi demanding ‘Greater Tipraland’
- AIIMS server down for 7th straight day; two system analysts suspended
- No problem with legislators jumping ship ahead of polls: Meghalaya CM
- Tripura: Foundation stone laid for International Buddhist University
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30