Imphal: Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh on Wednesday offered his condolence to the bereaved family members of the Border Security Force (BSF) jawan who was killed in a ceasefire violation by Pakistan Army in Jammu and Kashmir.
As per reports, a BSF sub-inspector Paotinsat Guite, who was a resident of Maphou Kuki village in Kangpokpi district, was killed during an unprovoked firing from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri in J&K on Tuesday.
The incident took place on the day the force was observing its 56th Raising Day, the report said.
Taking to his Twitter, CM Biren Singh said, “Salute to the Braveheart, P Guite from Maphou Kuki village, Kangpokpi district in Manipur, who was serving as a SI in @BSF_India,” Sindh said.
My condolences to the bereaved family and may the noble soul rest in eternal peace, he added.
Guite’s mortal remains will be brought home and receive full state honours.
“DG & all ranks of BSF salute the supreme sacrifice of SI P Guite who laid down his life while displaying conspicuous bravery, high degree of dedication & devotion to duty. Pahari Parivaar stands in solidarity with the bereaved family,” said the force on its official Twitter handle.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated