Chandel: In yet another move against illicit drug businesses in Manipur, troops of Assam Rifles (AR) battalion seized contraband drugs worth more than Rs 28 lakh in the international market from Chandel’s Khudengthabi recently, a statement issued by AR said.
According to the official statement, Assam Rifles personnel under HQ IGAR (South) during a daily routine check intercepted a suspicious vehicle at PVCP Khudengthabi on November 24.
During a thorough checking on vehicles, the search team recovered heroin weighing approximately 0.720 kg valued at more than Rs 28 lakh, it said.
The arrested driver has been identified as Laishram Krishanamani (43) from Wangoi of Imphal West district.
As per the report, the detainee driver and recovered items have been handed over to Moreh Police Station for further investigation.
Earlier, similar arrest was also made by security personnel on November 22 after a vehicle carrying 50 packets of heroin weighing approximately 641gm worth Rs 2 crore was caught at mobile vehicle check-post in Tengnoupal district.
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa
- Afghanistan’s key Taliban leaders studied at Pakistan madrassa
- Tripura CM directs review of UAPA charges in Panisagar violence
- ‘Be vigilant’, WHO tells Southeast Asia countries amid case surge, new variant
- Opposition unity at stake as Cong, TMC cross swords over leadership
- GMCH doctors strike against delay in NEET PG Counseling