In a unique gesture to show gratitude to Sonu Sood for his contribution to society during the COVID-19 pandemic, SpiceJet has dedicated a special aircraft livery to honour the actor.
The airline unveiled the special livery with an image of the actor drapped on ‘Mustard’, one of its Boeing 737 aircraft.
Taking to Twitter, it said, “While there is no apt way to thank him [Sonu Sood] for his immense efforts, here is a small gesture from SpiceJet to acknowledge him and his amazing contributions.”
SpiceJet thanked the actor and said, “Sonu! You are an inspiration to us and many others, and we are proud to be your partners in your deeds of extraordinary compassion.”
Sood and SpiceJet had collaborated during the pandemic to help repatriate thousands of stranded Indians who were stuck abroad. Over 1,500 Indian students stranded in Kyrgyzstan and hundreds of Indian nationals stuck in Russia, Uzbekistan, Manila, Almaty among other countries were repatriated to India.
Meanwhile, the actor is elated. He also acknowledged the airline’s non-stop operation during the lockdown. “I am thankful to SpiceJet for their untiring and invaluable support that helped reunite thousands of stranded Indians with their families,” added Sood.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh