In a unique gesture to show gratitude to Sonu Sood for his contribution to society during the COVID-19 pandemic, SpiceJet has dedicated a special aircraft livery to honour the actor.
The airline unveiled the special livery with an image of the actor drapped on ‘Mustard’, one of its Boeing 737 aircraft.
Taking to Twitter, it said, “While there is no apt way to thank him [Sonu Sood] for his immense efforts, here is a small gesture from SpiceJet to acknowledge him and his amazing contributions.”
SpiceJet thanked the actor and said, “Sonu! You are an inspiration to us and many others, and we are proud to be your partners in your deeds of extraordinary compassion.”
Sood and SpiceJet had collaborated during the pandemic to help repatriate thousands of stranded Indians who were stuck abroad. Over 1,500 Indian students stranded in Kyrgyzstan and hundreds of Indian nationals stuck in Russia, Uzbekistan, Manila, Almaty among other countries were repatriated to India.
Meanwhile, the actor is elated. He also acknowledged the airline’s non-stop operation during the lockdown. “I am thankful to SpiceJet for their untiring and invaluable support that helped reunite thousands of stranded Indians with their families,” added Sood.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art