Things are most certainly heating up in the world of Diablo as Diablo II is getting a complete makeover in a new remaster. Blizzard, the game developer, officially announced the revival of Diablo II Resurrected in its online-only edition of BlizzCon 2021.
The iconic video game was first launched in 2000. Diablo II will be complete with the Lord of Destruction expansion. The HD remaster will be available this year on PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X and S, with cross-progression between PC and console.
According to executive producer Rod Fergusson, the Diablo II Resurrected is not a remake or reverse engineered and is hence not trying to build a new game from the bottom up, trying to make it look and sound like Diablo II. Fergusson added that it has the same core gameplay which everyone knows and loves.
The remastered version is equipped with brand-new 3D visuals which replace the 2D sprite-based models and with 27 minutes of completely rebuilt cinematics.
This announcement also comes in the time when Blizzard also announced the workings of a mobile spinoff called Diablo Immortal and the next full-fledged title, Diablo IV.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan’s Mughal Gardens renamed ‘Amrit Udyan’, to open from Jan 31
- Tunes based on ragas, mega drone show to be flavour of Beating Retreat ceremony
- Meghalaya only state in India denying education to children: Mukul Sangma
- Counsel ‘decourted’ for donning jeans in Gauhati HC
- Budget session of Mizoram Assembly from Feb 7 to March 13
- Amit Shah stresses on need to increase conviction rate in country