Things are most certainly heating up in the world of Diablo as Diablo II is getting a complete makeover in a new remaster. Blizzard, the game developer, officially announced the revival of Diablo II Resurrected in its online-only edition of BlizzCon 2021.
The iconic video game was first launched in 2000. Diablo II will be complete with the Lord of Destruction expansion. The HD remaster will be available this year on PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X and S, with cross-progression between PC and console.
According to executive producer Rod Fergusson, the Diablo II Resurrected is not a remake or reverse engineered and is hence not trying to build a new game from the bottom up, trying to make it look and sound like Diablo II. Fergusson added that it has the same core gameplay which everyone knows and loves.
The remastered version is equipped with brand-new 3D visuals which replace the 2D sprite-based models and with 27 minutes of completely rebuilt cinematics.
This announcement also comes in the time when Blizzard also announced the workings of a mobile spinoff called Diablo Immortal and the next full-fledged title, Diablo IV.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister