Women have been silent contributors to alcohol consumption in India. A research done by Indian Government’s Centre for Alcohol Studies revealed that women’s alcohol market was expected to grow by 25% by 2024.
Astonishing that we still don’t find a lot of women, here in Guwahati, taking time out from their busy work lives to reward themselves with a drink or two as casually as men.
A part of the reason why women abstain from ‘chilling’ out in clubs or bars like men do is because Assam is considered unsafe for women due to a high rate of crimes reported against women in the state.
To find out if it is truly that unsafe for women to hang out at places serving alcohol, two women from VibesMojo hit the streets and explored how safe it is for women to go out and treat themselves to a drink or two without having to spend a fortune in an expensive lounge.
Watch this video to find out how you too can have a girls’ day out with just the amount of money that you have in your pocket!
- President Murmu to be on 2-day visit to Assam from Apr 6
- Manipur: Overground worker of KCP held in Churachandpur district
- Govt nixes import duty on drugs, food for personal medical use
- IPL beckons for Northeast India as Guwahati gears up for 2 matches
- Most Himalayan glaciers analysed melting at varying rates: Govt
- Stability, discipline got us football tri-nation win: coach Igor Stimac
Brilliantly conceptualized and captured! Great to see Mousumi utilising her field of study!
Thank you so much Aashif!
Mousumi and Rifa, congratulations for making such an excellent video, enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. 😊
Thank you sir!! 😀
Thank you so much, means a lot!
Leave a comment