After 13 years of its inception, Bhool Bhulaiyaa is all set to get its sequel on July 31 next year. Incidentally, Akshay Kumar, who starred as the protagonist in the first installment, will now be replaced by Kartik Aaryan for Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2.
Aaryan took to Twitter, the micro-blogging site, to announce his next venture, on August 19 with the caption:
“Ghostbuster is all set to enter
Hare Ram Hare Ram
Hare Krishna Hare Ram
The first installment of Bhool Bhulaiyaa, which also starred Vidya Balan, Paresh Rawal and Ameesha Patel alongside Akshay Kumar, was directed by Priyadarshan. The sequel, Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, will be directed by Anees Bazmee and produced by T-Series.
After the first tweet by Aaryan, the star has been receiving scores of comments from netizens, with many even calling this unique avatar of him “outstanding”. However, not all are happy with the new casting of the lead actor as many often associate the movie with the versatile actor, Akshay Kumar, and not a newcomer.
Naturally, die-hard fans of Akshar Kumar started bashing up Aaryan with memes and tweets. Here are the best ones so far:
- Reminiscing the olden times
- Looks like a premonition is up on Twitter
- Awaiting the Bhool Bhulaiyya 3 with this legend in the lead
- Some just cannot get over the Akshay Kumar phase
- A comparative analysis just to make everything clear
- The “vs guy” meme revival
All said and done, let us leave all the judgments aside and enjoy the much-awaited sequel on July 31 next year. Who knows, maybe Aaryan will deliver us an equally stellar performance a la Kumar and tickle our funny bones even further.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands