Just when we thought we knew almost everything that there is to know about the 2009 blockbuster Avatar, Govinda has broken the internet with a very unexpected and surprising fact.
Our very own Coolie No. 1 and Bade Miyan Chote Miyan hero dropped the mother of all revelations stating that he was offered the lead actor’s role and that he even gave the title of the film. And no, he wasn’t joking.
Don’t confuse yourself. This is the same Avatar which was directed by James Cameron (not the M Night Shyamalan one), the movie which until recently still owned the top spot in the biggest-grossing movie of all time only to be surpassed by Avenger: Endgame.
In a recent episode of Aap Ki Adalat, the actor told the show host Rajat Sharma that he rejected the part as Cameron wanted him to shoot for 410 days. And on top of that, Chichi was not at all ‘chill’ with getting his entire body painted blue.
Check out the video where Govinda makes this earth-shattering revelation:
Courtesy: India TV
The statements made by the 55-year-old actor set netizens ablaze. Furious with the alleged ‘dubious’ claims they took to social media to vent out their anger. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Avatar was not the only blockbuster that Govinda had his influence upon
- Govinda’s weakness discovered
- Clearing the air for everyone; its motion capture not paint
- Poster perfect
- Another one
- Only James Cameron can solve this
- Another feather in the cap, Govinda brought Marvel and DC together.
- And I was offered the role of Spiderman, but I hated the colour of the spider suit so I had to refuse
- Looks like Govinda refused the second installation of Avatar as well
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal