Twitter just went ‘bananas’ over actor Rahul Bose’s recent tweet, like literally. Staying at a five-star hotel, JW Marriott Chandigarh for a shoot, the Indian actor ordered two bananas while he was working out. The price of those two bananas, however, made him reconsider to the point that he made a 38-second video with the now trending hashtags, #goingbananas, #howtogetfitandgobroke and, lastly, #potassiumforkings.
So, how much does one expect the price for two bananas even after adding the glam of a five-star hotel? Rs 70, Rs 150, Rs 200? In Bose’s case, it was Rs 442! Yeah, you read that right.
The seasoned actor was given a bill of Rs 442, including the GST, for the two bananas he ordered, which were listed as ‘fruit platter.’
The video showed Bose showcasing the high-end furnished interiors of his room referring to the freebies (chocolate cookies) and the orchids and then the infamous bananas with the bill on the side. He ends the video with the statement that the bananas are ‘too good for him’.
Twitterati were obviously very charged with the newfound topic to rant out their creativity and it did have a mix of various opinions.
- ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ had to be the first one in our list
- ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ 2.0
- We would surely want a taste of the ‘special banana’ plucked from the Himalayas.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise was not spared either.
- A star-studded banana for the star himself.
- The reaction look-alike.
- Some advice for the man himself.
- Tit for tat?
But jokes and ridicules aside, the video did spark a high-level probe into an ‘illegal and exorbitant charge of GST’ by the Chandigarh deputy commissioner and excise and taxation commissioner Mandip Singh Brar.
Talking to The Indian Express, Barr said, “Taking cognizance of the video and bill posted by the actor, I have ordered an investigation. I have directed Assistant Excise and Taxation Commissioner (AETC) Rajeev Chaudhary to conduct a thorough probe on how the hotel had charged GST on fresh fruits. Strict action will be taken if found guilty.”
Literally, everyone is going bananas right now.
- Man beaten to death on birthday in UP’s Bareilly
- Faith-based schools less favourable towards education of girls: UNESCO
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata