Knocking down India from the undefeated World Cup winner series of 2019, England won the game by 31 runs in the Edgbaston Cricket Ground on June 30. Fans spilled from all over the world to support the orange jersey-clad Indian team but were disappointed with the turnout.
However, just as the laws of thermodynamics never bend, so does the dedication of Twitter ‘memers’. The micro-blogging site, as usual, saw the traffic of hilarious memes and to add on to it, the entry of orange in place of the blue jerseys gave new inspiration to the ‘memers’ altogether. Here are some worth mentioning;
- ‘Daag ka dhulai’ anyone?
- Synchronicity finds a new meaning here
- United we stand
- ‘Baap baap hota hai…’ 2.0
- Yet another meme revival
- Shade to some commentary as well
- Another Akhand Bharat meme
- Game of Thrones wasn’t spared as well
- Jadeja’s catch and déjà vu?
- Meghalaya 2023: Employment, social welfare at centre of NPP’s manifesto
- Judicial officer elevated as judge of Manipur HC
- Meghalaya poll: Woman refuses freebies from candidates, returns gifts
- Power struggles in nature can be more subtle than just dog-eat-dog
- Aquaculture industry sceptical about budget sops impact
- SC issues notice to Centre on PILs on BBC documentary on Gujarat riots